Friday, July 17, 2009

Africa is where I call home



I fled from my homeland,
From blood thirst warlords in 1993,
Who killed without reason

Who killed the innocent bystanders
Tribal conflict they called it,
But “murder she wrote”

They killed for all the wrong reasons
depriving future generations the chance to grow
and inflicting the young minds with “this infected
Concept know as tribalism, an eye for an eye,
a tooth for a tooth, a nail for a nail.
Killing, rapping and butchering thy own nephew”

I grew not knowing what my country was like
Only hearing stories of how it used to be

As I grew older I questioned myself as to why
People would do such hideous act of violence

Breaking up families and causing mothers endless cries
watching their sons being shot
Witnessing their daughters being raped
Not being able to do anything
helpless, powerless, and in agony....

Centuries go by and they declare
“WE ARE INDEPENT” and I ask “WHAT IS INDEPENCE”?


I could not have written this note without the help of my dear brother abdullahi bashir..... Thannk u i don't know what i'd do without ur support and willingness to help....Ur the best....

1 comment:

  1. Aamiin Alahayow..that is the message we need to send..that is the course we need to take if we're to get our people out of this mess..keep up the good work Salma..ur efforts will one day pay off..United Somalia is the target.

    ReplyDelete

Cedar Riverside Plaza

Cedar Riverside Plaza
"Little Mogdisho"