Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dream lives on !!



I realized that every community has their set of problems. The only difference is that when your part of one, the problems are more clear to you. I now understand that my beloved Somali community isn't alone. That means the somali people are not alone in their struggle with tribes and youth violence. The only difference is that we as a community must connect with other communities who too have dealt with these issues. Then only can we find a solution that works. Its not a matter of organizing workshops and programs just then, but its really about establishing long lasting relationships that will link communities together. With this new found connection, can we sit down and get to the root of the problem. A plus is the fact that we other's who've experienced it and could possibly shed light on the situation, and allowing us to avoid potential falls.

I call to the youth of the Somali community where ever they might be, to be connected to their communities. I call to the youth and the educated leaders to not distance themselves from the community. We as a community must address the underlying issues that are cause our youth to turn to violence, our sisters to abort their unborn children and our elders to still sit at starbucks and discuss tribes.

We ( you) are the future of our beloved country. Yes currently the country might not be at its best to compete with the one's we are living in, but nevertheless its the place of our birth. It should be in us all to work towards bettering somalia.

Somalia lives in my veins
Somalia is the air I breath
Somalia is what gives meaning to my life
Somalia is what fuels my energy to withstand all obstacles I've come across thus far

I will not and cannot stop until I see a vibrant somali community working together solely for the purpose of bettering the community. Let us put aside anything that has ever divided us, and work together for a better tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hope u will one day realize your dreams of a better somalia...great article, Salma

    ReplyDelete

Cedar Riverside Plaza

Cedar Riverside Plaza
"Little Mogdisho"